As a casual fan of all the strange and wonderful GPK sets from outside of the original Topps USA sets, I've always wondered how various foreign sets compare by rarity. This ignorance has mostly kept me away from collecting foreign GPK sets, since from my experience, many foreign GPK listings are buy it now, thus, it's hard to tell if it's a good deal or not. Plus, it's hard to gauge the market since many of these sets/cards hardly come up for sale!
1) What are the top 5 RAREST GPK FOREIGN SETS? Which is THE rarest???
2) What are the most common GPK Foreign sets?
I know this is not an easy question, but if some of the foreign GPK collectors would please take a minute, I'm sure I'm not the only person who would like to know!
It would be cool to have a whole list of foreign sets, in ranking order from rarest to most common.
Hmm, this will not be easy to do but i'll give it a shot...
It depends if you want to count the bootleg stuff or the official Topps licensed stuff. There are a few rare bootleg sets from South America. But I'll just give it a shot at the legit stuff...
1) As far as top five, I am not sure. I would put Brazil Loucomania as the most rare followed by Bukimi Kun. After that I am not so sure. Spanish La Pandilla Basura gum cards are very hard to find and so are Spanish Super Pop. I don't think they are rare per se, but just harder to find. After that I don't know. I'll have to think about it more.
1) I Couldnt say which are the rarest, as I only collected select sets, but I would say the UK gum wrap around set has to be in, or close to the top 5. I have yet to see another collector show evidence of a completed set. Although its easy to obtain some of the stickers from the set, others are impossible to find.
2) most common; UK 1st series, then Sgorbion 2nd series, then Australian 3rd series in my experience.
Game8: I remember some mars attack crossover on this site, was that the same guy your looking for?
Feb 11, 2024 5:11:08 GMT -5
Game8: Yeah some still check in, how are you mate
Feb 11, 2024 5:09:21 GMT -5
G.I. JASON: anybody ever come here
Feb 4, 2024 22:28:13 GMT -5
G.I. JASON: if anybody still comes here..... i'm trying to remember the person that used to collect mars attacks cards that used to be on the boards here if anybody can help me remember or track them down
Feb 1, 2024 2:36:44 GMT -5
The Doctor of Fuggonomics: After existing secretly on FB for almost 3 years as sales group for the UG brand and now that we are approaching our 20th Anniversary we have unhid the FB group and made it available for people to join without invite. If you find this join us there
Jan 26, 2024 13:45:51 GMT -5
seymourbarf: Happy new year!
Jan 5, 2024 23:15:56 GMT -5
Game8: Happy new year fam
Jan 4, 2024 12:19:01 GMT -5
Game8: Me too Pepe. Hope all is well with ya buddy
Dec 27, 2023 11:50:48 GMT -5
Game8: hope everyone had a fantastic holiday
Dec 27, 2023 11:50:14 GMT -5
Game8: How’s everyone doing
Dec 27, 2023 11:49:40 GMT -5